The Role of Position Descriptions
Developing Service Opportunities
A well-designed position description:
- Ensures positions contribute to your organization's goals and programs.
- Prepares students applying for the position with expectations, required skills and screening steps (including costs), transportation realities, etc.
- Supports a climate of inclusivity, diversity and equity.
- Aids with evaluation efforts to improve both services and future iterations of the position and description.
- Provides a reflection tool for students learning and agency/program evolution purposes.
For more tips and examples: