You can make connections and promote your service opportunities, whether Service Learning or Internship positions for course credit (depending on faculty approval), or your regular volunteer positions (not for course credit), with Humboldt students and faculty in a number of ways...
DEVELOP Promotional Materials:
- Position Descriptions help recruit students, promote your opportunities, facilitate screening, and outline expectations.
- Create an eye-catching flier with basic service positions and contact information, to be distributed on campus.
- Create an email announcement providing information on your service or project needs and attach Position Descriptions or flier.
- Integrate information on your website about your service opportunities.
SHARE your promotional material and opportunities widely:
- The Center for Community Based Learning can share your opportunities with faculty and staff. Contact Stacy Becker at (707) 824-4963, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Table at the Fall Volunteer Fair and Spring Career and Volunteer Expo events.
- Post to Humboldt Handshake (a jobs listing platform). All business can post employment opportunities. For-profit businesses can only post paid internships. Nonprofits can post volunteer positions, unpaid or paid internships. Create your account at https://humboldt.joinhandshake.com/login. Contact the Academic and Career Advising Center at (707)826-3341 for assistance.
- Connect with faculty: research department website, attend department and other HSU events sucha s the Spring ideaFEST. Invite faculty to your Board or committee meetings.
- Attend classes or serve on panels to share information about your organization.
- Post your fliers/material on campus bulletin boards. Up to 35 fliers need to be stamped at the UC Informaton desk. For more information, (707) 826-4414.
For more tips: